Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BMC 07

BMC 07 for me was a much awaited event... especially after the fun that I had had last year. I was looking forward to working for it and then the adrenaline rush on the stage.

It was a smooth ride into the team (when compared to the jhols of last year) and smoother one to take to position of the speaker (remember the drop-out last year, which I think had something to do with me being picked instead of her to speak).

Now when I am writing about it, I definitely feel there was a lack of tact on my part such that I couldn’t for see the ways things would be going and that I wouldn't be too happy about them at a later date. I should have made my opinions very clear at the beginning and as a senior member I should have stuck to my decisions rather than let someone else decide about what would be the team. Maybe from now on I will remember that.

Anyways, coming back, the whole experience was fun, like last year but there was something amiss (are you listening nirali, divyanshu?). the juniors I thought were absolutely amazing, there is so much to learn from them... from sasha's absolute genius, to saket's perseverance, manasi's calmness (at least on the face of it). They were fabulous.

The D-day didn't go too well from the beginning with the computer blanking out, to way I handled the questions... about the Q&A round... I think the reason I wasn't happy with the round was not because the round was bad for us. I think I just didn't do any good. When today I think about it, I feel that when I knew I could say something good, I didn't have the courage to step forward and take the mic and say whatever i had to say. i have the ability to be emphatic when i want to, to give good answers when i know my stuff, but i just didn't stand up and take the opportunity... and that's why i was so disappointed with myself.

But, a learning experience and a certificate (who can forget that!) at the end of it. And a beautiful evening at nariman point with ma, pa and bhai.

1 comment:

  1. Umm... BMC reminds me of mistakes rite from the beginning till the end. Nothing was good; except that it was a learning lesson. Of course, interacting with joons was the biggest advantage. The other purpose of BMC is the unique experience.

    But then, kya farak padta hai? Somethings have lost meaning. Move on. No one really cares. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete