Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Boundaries

Surabhi told me a few days ago that for this year at least, and for life one should not be making boundaries in one's minds.To elaborate this... when we set boundaries for ourselves, what are we doing? Are we trying to tell our minds that this is as far as I can go and please do not bother to tell me to go beyond this? The standards that we set for ourselves, at that moment will seem to be too high but once we have reached them say a year or two later, and then 10 years pass by, the same may seem to be too low. Is it that true then that we must reach for the stars, only then will we get to the moon?

It may be true. I did set boundaries for myself some time back. Especially in an intimidating place like KEM, more so because of the people there. Maybe, I shouldn’t have. Or maybe I am just making excuses. Or maybe it was reality that I had very sensibly gauged and it egged me to work harder than I thought I could have.

A friend of mine had written how he got over it. Should I have been like that too? I would have been happier that way I think. But then, would I have been happy now? I don’t think I would have appreciated it now. Was that time the perfect one to make the mistakes that I made? Would I have been the person I am today without having gone through those times?

So, what now? Boundaries or should I aim for the stars?

2 comments:

  1. Why would u want to make boundaries..it just stops u from getting where u want...


    Domain registration india

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing known as boundaries in life. One just works hard, and there are no limits to working hard.

    ReplyDelete